About Me

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Latest Sewing Project

My little Katie has been going through a throw pillow phase.....she likes to throw my throw pillows on the floor and jump on them. "Sew".......I had an idea! I have fabric and my basic sewing skills will come in handy when sewing a square! I found the polka dots and matched up a green fabric. Our living room is painted a light sage green so they will match perfectly. I don't mind kid gear in my living space, but at least these will match and not stick out so much. As you can see she loves them!


Just in case you were wondering how I made these.....I matched up the fabric I wanted to use. Since I already had the fabric I measured so I would know what size pillow forms to buy. I used pillow forms so I could take the covers off if they get dirty....funny, "if they get dirty?" Uhh, she's 2....of course they will get dirty! I can even make an extra set of covers later.
My next sewing project is my apron. I think I will tackle that next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment