About Me

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Fix it Friday

Every Friday there is a picture editting challenge at I Heart Faces. This is the picture to be editted this week. I am really new at photo editting, but it is a little fun. I am not sure my changes are that great, but I am learning. In this photo I really wanted to get rid of the background. I played with that feature with my Corel photo editting software. After about 30 minutes I decided the background could stay and I would work around it!
One approach was to crop the background out as much as possible. I brightened the picture, increased the saturation, and increased the clarity. I am not sure if any of these aspects really improve the picture to a professional, but I like it.


This edit was a little more fun. I did a lot to the actual picture with the saturation, sharpness, and noise reduction. The vingette helps to hide the background. I added the border to give it a little more structure. Adding text is also a fun detail.
Check out the iheartfaces blog...it is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment