About Me

My photo
Like many of you I am a busy mom...a SAHM. I certainly keep busy with my 101 hobbies. I plan to start preschool at home this fall with my daughter. I taught elementary school and have a Master's degree in Reading. I miss teaching, but look forward to homeschool.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Mmmm Cake!

So, no I don't really make cake all that often. This time my husband actually asked me to make a cake. I had made a beautiful dinner and then he says, "I'd really like cake. You haven't made a cake in a while." Like any other wife I whip up a yellow cake and throw on some peanut butter frosting. I used the same frosting from my previous cake post. It is sweet, but not too sweet. I have been trained in Wilton cake making and boy is that icing good, but bad, bad, bad! Since this was not going to be a fancy decorated cake I figured this frosting would be fine. So here's the recipe for the frosting. The cake is just a yellow cake mix.

Frosting:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup milk
powdered sugar
1tsp vanilla

I didn't put a measurement for the sugar because you may need to add more or less as you go. Add one cup at a time until you get a consistency you like. If I had to guess I would say I used between 3-4 cups of sugar. I wanted it to be drippy, but not watery. So this part is completely up to your personal taste.

Peanut Butter Frosting:
After you make the whole batch of frosting pour out a 1/4 of it and add a large spoonful of peanut butter and mix in until smooth. You could just add 3-4 spoonfuls to the whole batch, but I wasn't sure how my hubby would like it.

I would love to see your picctures or hear about it if you make it. It is so yummy! Thanks to my sister-in-law for finding the original icing recipe!

Just wait until you see what I made today! That will be my next post.....homemade triple berry fruit roll ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment